This was the first kitbash project I started on, but the project fell fast
due to poor paints. After my first TM2 Dinobot suffered irrepairable chrome
wear, I bought a new one and dedicated the spare to this project. But the
Testor's paint was too thick, so I stopped the project. However, after I completed
my Decepticon Prime, and figured put spraypaints were more effective, I drug
the project back out. Of course, the parts I had already painted, minus Treadshot's
head, had to be pitched, and I simply used my good TM2 Dinobot instead. 
 This incolved a ot of drilling to get the pins out, and the pins had to be
replaced with screws. I was able to get a good match to AM Treadshot's body
color layout, though I replaced the brown with gold, and gray with silver. I was
even able to match the pink strips on the back, but the back got covered up by
a panel. The Decepticon sticker on the shoulder pad is from a Ravestrike
reproduction sheet. I had also sliced off Treadshot's ear panels in the hopes
of making this a transformable model, but it didn't happen. If I locate another
usable Treadshot head, I may replace it. The head is simply glued on. I also
found that you can spraypaint over the chrome paint, but it may require a few
coats as it doesn't stick as well. I have painted a TM2 Dinobot tail gold and
put it in place since these pictures were taken.

the pictures

full body shot
upper body shot

Links

Unicron.com
Back to the kitbash page
Back to the TF art page